In Studio: Sean Rowe

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Sean Rowe recorded spare and intimate songs for his upcoming album in a building where his grandfather once ran an Italian restaurant. His songs found their way into the right hands, and the Albany, N.Y.-based singer-songwriter was signed to the same label as his idol, Tom Waits. Rowe joins us to tell us the story and to perform live in our studio.

Sean Rowe

Carol Anne from Poltervania, NY

Sean, where are you? I can't find you. I can't. I'm afraid of the light, Sean. I'm afraid of the light.

Jan. 06 2011 11:44 PM
Willy from Metro NY

Great sound, very distinctive. The other comparisons notwithstanding, the late Mark Sandman also comes to mind.

Jan. 06 2011 02:57 PM
bob from huntington

rowe also brings to mind greg brown who wrote the memorable "64 dodge."

Jan. 06 2011 02:56 PM

I'm not sure if I like him or not. There IS something a bit phoney sounding...I can't quite put my finger on it...maybe he should smile a bit.

Jan. 06 2011 02:56 PM
Anthony Prezio

Way to go Sean All your fans in Troy New York are so proud of you! You are doing great
Uncle Tony

Jan. 06 2011 02:55 PM
Frank from NYC

Of course, Tom Waits and Leonard Cohen are great, but isn't it possible to be too much under the influence of these greats? It really borders on farce and reminds me of the 'Eddie Vedder' voice that people took on in the 90s.

Jan. 06 2011 02:50 PM