Nick Jonas: In Studio

Monday, February 13, 2012

Before he was the object of teen crushes as one-third of The Jonas Brothers, Nick Jonas was a working child star on Broadway. He joins us to talk about a return to his stage roots as the lead in the Broadway production of “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” – a role that in the past has been played by the likes of Daniel Radcliffe and Matthew Broderick. Plus, he performs live.

Nick Jonas

After seeing/hearing him on Jimmy Fallon last night, and now hearing him here, I am pleasantly surprised by his talent and maturity. I wish him much success.

Feb. 21 2012 11:40 PM
Anonymous

I was on tour in NYC and went to see Nick Jonas with a group of relatives and we were all impressed. His comedic timing was absolutely wonderful, his dancing was good but still has room for improvement. But the most amazing thing about the performance was his voice which was not only strong but angelic as well.

Feb. 14 2012 04:30 AM

Recently saw Nick Jonas in How to Succeed and was so impressed with his talent. He was perfect for the role. He can dance, act and sing. I wish him nothing but success in his career.

Feb. 13 2012 08:02 PM
Julie

Jonas is an excellent Finch. He brings a new charm to the role. Ashford handpicked him after seeing his performance as Link Larkin in Hairspray at the Hollywood Bowl. This setting seems to compliment his voice, he's an incredible dancer and there has not been one dissatisfied review from this production or Jonas' run. Remove your preconceived notions and come see How to Succeed. This is Broadway at it's best! As for JFreely's comment ...since this is Nick Jonas' fifth Broadway role I'm quite sure that the Broadway casting directors know exactly what they are doing.

Feb. 13 2012 07:29 PM
JFreely

Can't say I find his voice impressive enough for this genre but his confidence sure is. I saw him on the PBS Les Miz performance and his voice is/was no where near the other Les Miz singers were. Just not that strong, and not a voice I'd cast if I was a B'way casting director. This is all about the 'tween fans. He should stick to pop.

Feb. 13 2012 02:46 PM
Nermeen from Egypt

Oh my god oh my god oh my god
I'm literally in tears now oh my god ILOVEYOU ILOVEYOU ILOVEYOU
literally your biggest fan I'm #1 Nick SUPER fan oh my gosh :')
Today is my birthday and I tweeted you I couldn't be happier now <3
that's the best birthday ever <3
Ohhhhhhhhh ILOVEYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Please please please come to Egypt pleaaaaaaaaaase pleasssse I beg you I'm dying to see you please

Feb. 13 2012 02:46 PM
Harvey Joel from Hells Kitchen

This Saturday I saw "How To Succeed" and was utterly impressed with Nick Jonas' performance. Robert Morse originated the role in the 1960s. Nick Jonas was a combination of original while also keeping with How To Succeed's wit and charm, as it satirizes corporate America. The cast--Nick included--is energetic, attractive and looks like it's having as much fun as the audience.

Feb. 13 2012 02:26 PM