Living Colour Live

Friday, September 11, 2009

The New York-based rock group Living Colour rocketed to fame in 1988, after a CBGB audience member named Mick Jagger helped secure them a record deal. MTV airplay of the smash hit “Cult of Personality” helped put black rock musicians back in the spotlight. With the release of their first album in five years, "The Chair In The Doorway," Living Colour joins us to play live in our studio.

chris from New Zealand

i frikken digg living colour.. Hwen are those cats coming to NZ!!!! It would be sick!!!

Apr. 09 2010 12:56 AM
Florian from Germany

Thanks for letting us share this interview with one of the best bands ever!

Mar. 30 2010 07:17 AM
Shay Kavanagh from Ireland

Feck. Didn't realise Living Colour were back in action. Unbelievable band. I'll never forget when I first heard "Type". Can't believe I missed them turing England though. Would gladly have trekked over to UK to see them. Any chance of an Irish gig?

Feb. 06 2010 05:18 AM
B from NYC

They sang another song that day about stepping out a window on 9/11. It was amazing, but I cant remember the title?? Anyone know that songs name?

Nov. 11 2009 11:17 AM
Alex from Valencia, Venezuela

One of the most amazing bands in the world... the new album is EPIC!

Oct. 19 2009 04:49 PM
Donovan Pyle from NYC

Vivid is definitely the album that started, what would become, my life-long addiction to the drum set. I saw them in 2004 at Toad's Place in New Haven with some of my best friends from high-school and it was absolutely insane.........energy through the roof!
Can't wait to see them again at the Highline on 10/30.

Thanks for creating art that matters!

Oct. 04 2009 12:28 PM
scott from Tallahassee, Florida

It's so good to see the band performing again. I saw them for free (An MTV sponsored tour) just before Vivid became huge and they were amazing. Love the new single! Hope to see them live again soon.

Sep. 24 2009 07:09 PM
William from Asheville

Goosebumps indeed. You guys are amazing as usual. I feel it and I am grateful for artists like you guys.

Sep. 14 2009 09:52 PM
aart vlastuin from netherlands

still gettin' goose bumps ,nice one .thanks

Sep. 14 2009 03:51 PM
Tiina Bodonyi from Finland

I am so looking forward to this album. But, I more look forward to the one after this one!
Keep on rockin´. Cause you do. You do.

Sep. 14 2009 03:36 PM
Markie Gee from Hartford,CT

Living Colour simply never fails to amaze me. They are a rare aggregate of supreme talent and an constant inspiration to stick to what you believe in despite the obstacles. The are the rockingest band on the planet. Lordhavemercy!!!

Markie Gee

P.S. They killed it on their 2 most recent dates in Norfolk and Fairfield, CT!!!!

Sep. 14 2009 12:08 PM
Ket from England

Saw Living Color at Sheffield Polytechnic & Brixton Academy in the UK back in the 90's - great stuff. Very happy to hear another album is on the way. Thanks for the live performance here. Following this ace blog feed now !

Sep. 13 2009 12:02 PM
Steve from Astoria

Quite simply, thanks, John, and thanks to Living Color! You're back!!!

Sep. 11 2009 02:55 PM
Marielle from Brooklyn

Saw them YEARS ago at World Stage in Nyack - what a show these guys put on! I had no idea they were still around - they sound great.

Sep. 11 2009 02:52 PM
Ted in Atlanta from Design dept.

Saw them in Auburn - as I recollect they were touring with ...Sugar Cubes???? Can that be true? You guys were sensational! What a wild bizarre show that was... Congrats on the new album!

Sep. 11 2009 02:44 PM
GoReDzilla

Best band on the planet by far !

Sep. 11 2009 03:36 AM