Angela Meade: In Studio

Monday, July 12, 2010

American soprano Angela Meade made her professional stage debut unexpectedly at the Metropolitan Opera in 2008 when she was asked to sing Ernani's "Elvira" at a moment’s notice. But her career was already on the upswing with a series of awards including first place at the Met's National Council Auditions.

Today, she tells us about singing the title role in Bellini's "Norma," a work that has made stars for more than a century and a half. And she’ll sing the opera’s famous aria, “Casta Diva,” live in our studio.

Angela Meade appears in a concert performance of Norma at the Caramoor Festival in Katonah, NY this Friday, July 16.

Angela Meade

Donna Cay Tharpe from Tallahassee FL

Ms. Meade is a grand talent. I eagerly await hearing more from her.

Jun. 02 2011 09:16 AM
Mariano Garcia IV from West palm beach FL

Heard her sing in west palm beach recently! amazing!

Apr. 26 2011 01:58 PM
Peter Podol

I heard Miss Meade last night at Caramoor. I was blown away. As a life-lonmg opera fan who has attend the Met regularly for 51 years, there is nothing more thriling than hearing a new voice fo rthe first time when that voice compares favorably with the greats of the past and present.THAt was the case last night! What gorgeous high pianissimos, secure technique, thrilling forte tops, etc. I just read she will finally have top biling for an opera at the Met in 2011-12. thank good ness. I will run(Actually drive 3 hours) to hear hear in whatever she sings there!

Jul. 17 2010 01:47 PM
Bob Moore from NYC

I was at Norma at Caramoor on Saturday evening and it was really amazing. Ms. Meade was simply superb.

Jul. 12 2010 02:56 PM
Eric from NJ

OMG... I am listening as I hold back tears at my desk... what an amazing voice!

Jul. 12 2010 02:46 PM
Jennifer Strait from Spokane, WA

Angela Meade is a phenomenal artist. I expect her to bring a love of opera to generations that would typically shy away. She made me a fan.

Jul. 12 2010 01:18 PM