From the mid-1960s to the early '80s, Max's Kansas City was an artists haven that welcomed Andy Warhol, writer William S. Burroughs and musicians like the New York Dolls and Madonna. As part of this week's series on New York's bygone concert halls and nightclubs, we look back at Max's, its legendary back room and its generous bar tabs. We talk with Steven Kasher, gallery owner and editor of the photo book Max’s Kansas City: Art, Glamour, Rock and Roll.
1. "I'm Waiting For The Man" - Velvet Underground
2. "Search and Destroy" - The Stooges
3. "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" - Bruce Springsteen
4. "Personality Crisis" - New York Dolls
5. "This Is What You're Like" - Sarah Kirkland Snider & Shara Worden